Going From a Good Actor to a Great Actor
Nowadays, the filming and acting industry is full of competition and only the best will survive. Have you ever imagined yourself stepping on the stage and stealing the entire attention of the show? Then you have to equip yourself with tips that will enable you to become the best actor/actress.
Tips on how to become the best actor/actress:
- Always express emotions and what you feel: The expression of emotions and feelings will make the audience know what is going on. They will also create a feeling about certain situations.
- Ensure that your posture matches your character: An accurate posture for a role will make the difference. It will not only make you confident but also a standing actor. However, do not overdo it.
- Monitor your volume and speed: While reciting certain lines, at times we feel tempted to blaze through them very fast. If you over exaggerate, you will become a boring actor. On the other hand, slowing down will make you appear robotic.
- Play with emphasis: Every line that you recite and play is very important. You should emphasize them accordingly. Even though they may not sound important, emphasizing them is of great importance. The emphasis that you put on every word carries weight.
- Put yourself in the place occupied by your character: You cannot adequately represent something unless you put yourself in the mind set of that object. By knowing your character, you will be able to improvise some words to use in case you forget certain lines. This will ensure that the play progresses as expected.
- Never break the fourth wall: This implies that you should avoid acknowledging the audience if it is not stated. If you do so, they will picture out that you are acting and this makes the play a boring one. It will also make it less believable.
- Be unique: Do not imitate what other actors have done. Try to come up with your own styles and ways of expressing your ideas. There are thousands of plays and movies that have been produced by the best actors. If you try to steal their ideas, you will be surprised by the outcome – your production will be the worst one. The manner in which you express your ideas should be in such a way that it will not hint the audience that such style has been used before – ensure that you sell your own ideas.
- Be aware of the way you behave when you are nervous: Deal with your anxiety and nervousness by making use of the following tips:
- Take a deep breath: Assure yourself that you are the best and convince yourself that you can make it
- Study your lines keenly and carefully: It is important to grasp every idea that is in your lines. This will ensure that you gain confidence. If you do not know your lines, you will probably freeze onstage.
The bottom line
Becoming the best actor does not happen by chance. It demands an observation and application of simple but essential tips. Make use of the above tips and you will be the next star.